i’m having an existential crisis
I am so sorry, but this is actually probably true. Plants co evolved to reward us for cultivating and propagating them. It’s called exorphin theory, and plants are pretty much just using us as their means of reproduction. That’s why humans show nearly every sign of species domestication. Have a good night, friend.
I decided to pull a Ferris Bueller today and went downtown, damning my classes. For good causes of course, since sometime life drown you while whispering sweet words.
Ikea was our first stop for the breakfast we always miss and it was okay, but victory
of finally getting up early enough tasted amazing. But of course that could never beat the Greek yogurt I fell in love with a trip last June and it’s still as amazing today. Lovely Lovely shop, homemade greek yogurt with mixed berries.
I also saw a guy watching a baker through the glass (like me) and he had a cigarette tuck beside his right ear, I should have asked why, but sometime asking ruin things.
We also made a stop to Urban Outfitter to humor my sister and since I was forced to play Yes Man for the day, she sprayed a good chunk of my head blonde, I looked terrible.
But overall I don’t think I missed life today. I hope you are doing well love.
March 7th 2014
Sometime you take you camera and say yes
March started and I dare not say I’m glad. But I did try to cheer myself up (since February was a wreck) by stopping by a coffee-shop. I had a giftcard at Peet’s so I thought why not.
My sister and I drove twenty miles but it was worth it. We got some pastries and I downed a good amount of tea. I tried Jade Organic Mist which if I remember right was a blend of green tea and some berries.
That’s all I have to say for now
March 7th 2014
A cup of tea sometimes is needed
and here’s a dress from 1928 designed by the boué sisters aka an actual fairy dress for an actual fairy
I do not want to be blood and earth. Blood and earth is fallible, sore throats and coughing and running into walls.
I want to be theory and chalk. Theory and chalk is neat, logical, things lining up and meeting in myriad beautiful ways. Chalk is so much cleaner. Except when it gets on your fingers, but that is a blood and earth problem, I think.
Leave chalk alone.
I’m the blood and earth sister here. Give me something physical, sensuous, something I can hold in my hands and mold with my fingers. Give me something to shape and form, something rooted and composed of a thousand layers of shed skin and refuse and ground-down stones and the lives and deaths of a million creatures.
And be my sister, my theory and chalk sister. Give me your dreams, and I will give them form; give me your patterns, and I will lend them purpose. Without you, my blood and earth devolves to shapelessness, and without me, your theory and chalk is blown out in a breath.
POETRY IN MOTION
Famous Last Words:
- Pardon me, sir. I did not do it on purpose. - Queen Marie Antoinette after she accidentally stepped on the foot of her executioner as she went to the guillotine.
- I can’t sleep. - J. M. Barrie, author of Peter Pan
- I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis. - Humphrey Bogart
- I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct. - Dominique Bouhours, famous French grammarian
- I live! - Roman Emperor, as he was being murdered by his own soldiers.
- Dammit…Don’t you dare ask God to help me. - Joan Crawford to her housekeeper who began to pray aloud.
- I am perplexed. Satan Get Out. - Aleister Crowley – famous occultist.
- Now why did I do that? - General William Erskine, after he jumped from a window in Lisbon, Portugal in 1813.
- Hey, fellas! How about this for a headline for tomorrow’s paper? ‘French Fries’! - James French, a convicted murderer, was sentenced to the electric chair. He shouted these words to members of the press who were to witness his execution
- Bugger Bognor. - King George V whose physician had suggested that he relax at his seaside palace in Bognor Regis.
- It’s stopped. - Joseph Henry Green, upon checking his own pulse
- LSD, 100 micrograms I.M. - Aldous Huxley (Author) to his wife. She obliged and he was injected twice before his death.
- You have won, O Galilean. - Emperor Julian, having attempted to reverse the official endorsement of Christianity by the Roman Empire.
- No, you certainly can’t. - John F. Kennedy in reply to Nellie Connally, wife of Governor John Connelly, commenting “You certainly can’t say that the people of Dallas haven’t given you a nice welcome, Mr. President.
- I feel ill. Call the doctors. - Mao Zedong (Chairman of China)
- Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here. - Nostradamus
- Hurry up, you Hoosier bastard, I could kill ten men while you’re fooling around! - Carl Panzram, serial killer, shortly before he was executed by hanging.
- Put out the bloody cigarette!! - Saki, to a fellow officer while in a trench during World War One, for fear the smoke would give away their positions. He was then shot by a German sniper who had heard the remark.
- Please don’t let me fall. - Mary Surratt, before being hanged for her part in the conspiracy to assassinate President Lincoln. She was the first woman executed by the United States federal government.
- Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies. - Voltaire when asked by a priest to renounce Satan.
No, but you forgot the best one
Either this wallpaper goes, or I do- Oscar Wilde, dying in an unfortunately papered hotel room
Oh my, Voltaire. I laughed at that one, too.
DON’T EVEN FUCKING GET ME STARTED JACK CHURCHILL. TOO LATE NOW. THE GUY SIGNED UP FOR A COMMANDO AIR DROP BECAUSE” it sounded fun”. HE CONSIDERED CARRYING A SWORD INTO BATTLE MANDATORY, BUT HE DIDNT USE SOME PRISSY LITTLE PARADE SABRE. HE CARRIED FUCKING CLAYMORE. HE SHEATHED IT NEXT TO HIS BAGPIPES & ENORMOUS TANK SIZED BALLS. HE WAS CAPTURED ONCE. FOUND IT A BIT BORING SO HE LEFT. RECAPTURED, LEFT AGAIN. WALKED ALL THE WAY BACK TO BRITISH LINES TO FIND THE WAR HAD ENDED. HIS REACTION?”oh bugger”
He used a longbow too.
when he was captured the Germans found him playing god save the queen on his bagpipes
There’s too much. Have a link!
He was also a surfer.
We must all aspire to be as “Mad” Jack Churchill
Only guy in WWII to have a confirmed longbow kill. Bow down to this guy.